* At the first team BBQ for the year, Ikuo Fukuda won the place kicking comp, and doubled his monthly spending money. Blake is still crying about it.
* Daisuke Ikegami & Ikuo Fukuda's close friendship is on the rocks after Daisuke got himself a new girlfriend. No more sento baths together for the boys I guess.
* Richard O'Shea & girlfriend Hitomi got engaged on May 30th.
* Jesse Takahashi, who has made a comeback to the game after a long time out through a bungled ankle operation, got married to his long term girlfriend Sachiko on the 13th June.
* Comings and Goings - Big Hawaiin Mark Scott left Tokyo for Vietnam where he is going to set up shop as a scuba diving instructor.
*Winger James Mitchell returned to Scotland recently after a short stint in Japan and just a handful of games with the Gaijin.
*Stephen Dods also returned to New Zealand after coaching at Canon Japan and a handful of games for the Gaijin. His departure, along with Mark Scott's, lowers the average age of the Gaijin quite drastically (both men were 45!)
*South African halfback Rory Brown will left these shores in early June after a 2 year stint in Japan. He and his wife Joanne are off to Eucador to teach at an American School.
*Tomo Togo has been put out of action for 5 months after one of his own players landed on him, fracturing his shoulder.
*Apisai Bati was seen in the recent friendly after a month out with a hip problem. The 40 year old was still full of running and scored a try.
* Riki Pitter has been missing in action after dislocating his finger. The French have a lower pain threshold!!